- Spaghetti – 1 lb
- Lean Ground Beef – 1 lb (You can use Lamb or Pork instead of Beef)
- Finely Diced Onions – 2-3 medium
- Fresh diced tomatoes – 2-3 medium
- Tomato Paste – 1/4 cup
- Minced Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cinnamon stick–1
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tbsp
- All spice-1 tbsp
- Bay Leaves – 1
- Sugar or Petimezi–1 tbsp
- White wine – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water – As needed
- Wash the minced meat thoroughly in a colander atleast 4 or 5 times and allow it to drain.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a deep pan and add onions. Saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and saute till cooked
- Add the marinated ground meat and cook for 10 minutes till almast dry
- Add white wine and cook…let the wine evaporate
- Add tomato paste to the pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Mix everything well.
- Add the bay leaves, all spice and cinnamon stick
- Add the marinated ground meat and tomato paste to the pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Mix everything well.
- Allow to cook for 10minutes on a medium medium flame.
- Switch off the stove and add cinnamon powder
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet. Add salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil while cooking spaghetti.
- Drain the spaghetti and keep aside.
Thu, March 30, 2017Interior